Astro Photography Workshops
August 18th & 19th, 2023
Join us on this amazing opportunity to learn from Jeanine Holowatuik in the Avonlea Badlands. Contact the museum to reserve your spot, there is limited availability for both days. The evening would include a classroom session at the Avonlea Heritage Museum, followed by the hike to the Avonlea Badlands for a field portion of the workshop and a great chance to experience the badlands at night. A session will cost $135/person.
Jeanine Holowatuik is an aurora chaser and astrophotographer from Hudson Bay, Saskatchewan, Canada. She’s a recognized, and published photographer focusing her work on capturing the night sky and the beautiful Northern Lights.
With a love for astronomy and space weather, she promotes the importance of dark sky awareness and the wonders of the night sky through her presentations, photography and workshops.
- Friday, August 18th / Saturday, August 19th
- 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm | Photography Presentation at Avonlea Heritage Museum
- 9:00 pm – 11:00 pm | Field tips and Night Photography in the Avonlea Badlands
Requirements *Must be able to carry gear 2km or make arrangements
- Camera (focus of teaching will be with mirrorless or dslr cameras)
- Interchangeable lenses (14-24mm and f2.8 or lower)